|Immediate (November 2021)|
|Location:||Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical School (Worcester, MA)|
|Description:||Our team is seeking a highly motivated individual interested in conducting research in Plastic Surgery and becoming a future leader surgeon-scientist.
Our research embraces all aspects of wet (rats, swine) and dry Plastic Surgery research, ranging from tissue engineering and regenerative medicine, to medical devices, surgical education, surgical quality improvement, and global plastic surgery.
We are committed to provide opportunities to candidates to both advance their education and career, and to produce high-quality scholarly work.
Preference will be given to the following candidates:
- 6+ months commitment
- M.D. and/or Ph.D.
- Experience working with animals (rodents, possibly swine)
- Experience in wet lab techniques (histological and molecular analysis)
- Experience in biomedical engineering and/or with the design of medical devices
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects
- Good knowledge of biostatistics
- English proficiency, excellent verbal and written communication skills
International candidates meeting the US Department of State requirements for a J-1 Visa (Research Scholar) can apply.
|Contact:||Interested applicants should submit by e-mail a one-page statement describing their goals and their interest in this position, an updated CV (including publications), and one letter of recommendation to:
Giorgio Giatsidis, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Surgery & Lead Surgeon Scientist
Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical School