Important Information Regarding International Travel to/from Toronto
- At present, Canada is requiring visitors to use ArriveCAN to provide mandatory travel information before and after your entry into Canada. The mobile app is free and is available in English, French and Spanish (displayed in the language of your device). Download the latest version of ArriveCAN or click 'update' in your app store. Canada and ArriveCAN are very specific in when information needs to be uploaded to the app. Please pay close attention to your travel dates and dates to upload your information. Here you can find information on ArriveCAN and links to download the app.
- At present, Canada does not require pre-entry COVID-19 testing for fully vaccinated travelers entering Canada by land, air or water. Travelers must still use ArriveCan to upload their information 72 hours prior to arrival in Canada. Read more about this on the Government of Canada website.
- At present, Canada is requiring unvaccinated travelers to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test to enter Canada by land, air or water. Please visit the Government of Canada website for specific information on pre-entry testing for unvaccinated travelers, including children.
- At present, all travelers to Canada, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, may be selected for random testing at the airport.
- At present, the United States is requiring proof of a negative COVID-19 to enter the US, regardless of vaccination status. A viral test (NAAT or antigen test) is required. There are alternative options if you have recently recovered from COVID-19. Visit travel.state.gov to read more about this requirement.
PSRC is NOT providing test kits for 2022 Annual Meeting attendees. Attendees are encouraged to either make an appointment to get tested at one of the testing sites in Toronto, or order a qualified home test kit that you can administer prior to your departure to the United States. Home test kits that are approved for international travel/testing include: BinaxNOW COVID-19 home test; Ellume Home Test; Detect Covid-19 Test.
- For those traveling home after the PSRC meeting to countries outside of the United States, please be sure to review the re-entry requirements for your home country.
- At present, there is no mask mandate for guests at the Omni King Edward hotel in Toronto, and the mandate has also been lifted for other public settings in Toronto, including restaurants. Omni King Edward hotel staff will be masked, per hotel staff policy. PSRC attendees should use their personal discretion regarding masking.
- Before you travel to Toronto for PSRC, please be sure your passport and other travel documentation is in order. Required materials for entry to Canada can be found on the Government of Canada website.