WHAT TO KNOW WHEN YOU GO TO BIRMINGHAM
Birmingham, Alabama has many area attractions you may be interested in exploring, including:
- Robert Trent Jones Golf trail courses. The RTJ trail consists of 26 18-hole golf courses at 11 sites across Alabama.
- The Porsche Driving School is considered one of the most challenging racing circuits in the country.
This professionally designed, world-class circuit plays host to the Indy Car Series and the MotoAmerica Superbike Series.
- The TopGolf facility has been built 2 blocks from the hotel. TopGolf is a premier golf entertainment complex where the competition
of sport meets your favorite local hangout.
- Red Mountain Park, in Birmingham, is a great place to go hiking, mountain biking or zip-lining.
- The US Space and Rocket Center (home of NASA’s Space Camp) in Huntsville; approximately a 90 minute drive from the hotel.
- NASCAR’s Talladega SuperSpeedway; less than 1-hour from the hotel.
- The Vulcan Park and Museum. Vulcan is the world's largest cast iron statue; made of 100,000 pounds of iron and 56 feet tall, he stands atop
of Red Mountain overlooking the city of Birmingham.
- The Birmingham Civil Rights National Monument which is less than a mile from the hotel and includes the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute
The city of Birmingham is home to a number of unique dining options all featuring the city’s best chefs. Suggested dining establishments include:
- Hot & Hot Fish Club, is one of the city’s finest restaurants with one of the city’s best chefs, Chris Hastings, who won a James Beard award in 2012. Hot & Hot Fish Club takes a modern approach to blending French, Southern, and California-styles of cooking, set against the backdrop of downtown Birmingham.
- Highlands Bar and Grill, the flagship restaurant for Frank Stitt, the other James Beard Award winning chef in Birmingham. Featuring the French technique and featuring the best ingredients from each harvest.
just in! The James Beard Foundation named Highlands the outstanding restaurant in America and Miles the outstanding pastry chef. Read article.
- Bottega Restaurant, is the sister establishment to the Highlands Bar and Grill. Fine dining, Italian cuisine.
- Galley & Garden serves farm to table, modern American-French inspired cuisine with southern influences